Friday, November 14, 2008

Motivational Framework

In class on wednesday we talked about motivational framework. I found this to be pretty interesting. What I learned is that there are 4 types, External, Humanisitc, Cognitive, and Socialcultural. The three I found most interesting were the first three. External would be something you do for yourself. Our profesor talked about how one summer he decided it wasn't important to make money, and traveled around the U.S on $100. Humanisitc would be something you do for others, such as habitat for humanity. Cognitive would be something like learning about a subject your interested in and not worrying about the grade you recieve.

I think it is important as future teachers to understand how people are motivated. Each person is different, and I think it's a key part of learning to figure out how your students are motivated best.

No comments: