Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Ch 8-Teaching our classmates

Last week we all came to class ready to teach one another something. I found this activity very interesting. I taught my classmate how to make the purring noise with your tongue rolling, while she taught me how to whistle. What I took from this experience is that sometimes you have to find other ways of teaching when people don't understand your way. At first I couldn't catch on how to whistle, but when she explained it taking me through it step by step, I slowly caught on and was able to make a faint whistle noise.
I think this is important to remember as we become teachers. If a student doesn't get something right away, don't give up! Think of other ways to explain it to them.

1 comment:

Dana said...

I agree with Michelle that we can't get frustrated when we are teaching and a student just can't grasp the concept. This is where differentiation comes into play and can make a huge difference in a child's education.