Thursday, September 18, 2008

Lions for Lambs

I really enjoyed watching Lions for Lambs. At first I was confused with all the different plots going on, but then I realized they all tied together. My favorite was the professor who was trying to get his apathetic student to start trying again. I think it's very important to have an open relationship with your students so you feel comfortable talking with them, and they feel comfortable talking to you. If the student would have communicated his feelings earlier to his teacher, he may not have stopped going to classes.
I was really sad that the two military men had to die at the end. I wanted them to somehow pull through so they were able to tell their story to others. I'm confused at what it was trying to teach us. Those two guys were so passionate about what they believed and then joining the army, I wanted them to succeed.

1 comment:

Dana said...

I agree with Michelle. It doesn't make sense that the two guys had to die but maybe it was trying to show us that that is exactly why the professor didn't want them to join the military. He knew what could happen out there and in a way feels it is his fault for pushing them to do what they are capable of. I think the story of the student who quit trying was to show us that as a teacher you always have the problem of students who don't try. It also showed us how as a teacher you can use your past experiences to help you in the future. The professor knew he didn't want to push his student to extremes like before but had to help him realize that it is worth it for him to keep trying.