Thursday, October 9, 2008

High Stakes Community School-NCLB


Going into the lecture Monday night, I wasn't sure what to expect. I figured we'd do a lot of listening and then could voice our own opinions. I was surprised that different groups got up and talked as a whole. It turned out to be more formal then I had thought, but this made it very interesting to listen to.


I really enjoyed hearing everyone's opinions of NCLB. I realized how many things are wrong with that plan. It seems almost impossible to get all kids to a certain standard. Some students just arn't gifted in certain subjects and can't push themselves any further. I think something needs to be done to revise that plan. The over all idea of it is great, it just was lots of flaws. Hopefully with the change in presidency, some new ideas will generate and the NCLB act can become a positive thing in students education.

No comments: