Monday, October 27, 2008

Guest Administrator Lecture

I enjoyed the lecture by the two professionals from the Decorah school district on October 14th. I found there views of the NCLB act very interesting. I have been so used to hearing all the quirks about NCLB (on the news, from my peers, etc.), that I had become biased about it in a negative way. After listening to them talk, I realized that NCLB actually does some really good things. I think by having it in the schools it challenges teachers to find ways to teach in new and creative ways. I think it will some day keep ME on my toes; adapting and changing my ways of teaching to help make my students better. As I teacher I will like to see the progress my students are making or not making, so I know when my teaching strategies are and are not working.

No comments: